3.11.2014

the writer's block: around the world in 8 minutes


this month I have a group of three American women on my sidebar - currently living all around the world. I thought it would be fun to have each of them give you a little information about their current homes, and take you on a quick trip around the globe. read on below to travel from America to Europe to Asia, then be sure to visit their blogs for more!


the basics: I'm a twenty something, living, loving, eating, cooking, reading, writing, dreaming, adventuring and enjoying every minute of it. On my blog you can find a variety of lifestyle posts but my favorites include recipe and style posts, with some essays mixed in there too.

what do you love about your city? The culture. Austin is definitely a rare breed. It's a little funky, a little off, but truly unique and always exciting. The combination of the bold people, the delicious food, off the wall "art", and awesome music is my favorite.

where is the one place you always take visitors? I take people down South Congress to get a good feel of the "weird-ness" of Austin and to get some good food and to places like Hamilton pool and Barton Springs during the summer when it's hot.

any fun or largely unknown facts about your city? Austin is home to North America's largest urban bat population. Some nights you can go watch them fly out from under the Congress bridge.

learn more about Sarah on her blog: A Girl Smitten

check out a few of her favorite posts:

or follow along with:



the basics: My blog is the story of an American girl who picked up her life and moved to Wales all in the name of love. I write about adventures, expat mishaps and travels around the UK and Europe... all while fueled with plenty of coffee. Hop on by and say hello!

what is your favorite part about living in Wales? I love that there are beautiful green spaces all around. Country parks, fields, castles and estate homes. Plenty to see and explore!

what do you consider a must-see for tourists in your city? One of my favorite spots is called Erddig Country Home, just five minutes from where we live, it is a historically maintained estate home. {Think a mini-Downton Abbey!}

any fun or largely unknown facts about your city? The benefactor of Yale University is originally from Wrexham and is buried here.

learn more about Belinda on her blog: Found Love. Now What?

check out a few of her favorite posts:


the basics: Sweet Smores is a travel lifestyle blog documenting my life as an expat and traveler in Japan. I'm currently teaching English and have found so many new passions while experiencing life as an expat. I love finding new adventures and learning about different cultures and enjoy sharing those loves through my blog.

what is your favorite part about living in Mie-ken? I love the community in my town. People are excited to show up for events, rain or shine, and are very nice and welcoming. I also love the view of the mountains that I have everyday while going to work. It's a sight I hardly saw while living in the US.

what do you consider a must-see for tourists in your city? I live in the inaka (Japanese for countryside), so there aren't many things to see or do in my town. However, my town has a rope way up our mountain and an onsen resort area. I would take tourists up the mountain to see the spectacular views and end the day relaxing at an onsen.

any fun or largely unknown facts about your city? I heard that my town won the title: happiest town in Japan, a few years back :)

learn more about Mallory on her blog: Sweet Smores

check out a few of her favorite posts:

or follow along with:

ps- if you'd like to be a part of next month's writer's block post [and hang out on my sidebar] there are still sponsorships spaces available! I'd love to have you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...