6.13.2013

holga film prints


last may, a friend got me a holga camera as a moving to Taiwan / birthday gift. it took me until last november to shoot my first roll of film, and just this week I finally got prints developed. [I may have had a small fear of working with film which caused me to procrastinate.] but. I picked up my prints this morning! it had been so long since I shot the roll that opening up the prints was a fun surprise. and the developer gave me digital files so I had to share a few of my favorites.





most of the prints are blurry, half of them are double exposed... and I am absolutely in love with all the little imperfections. my next task is to find a way to display them, and then of course to get my hands on another roll of film. 

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful!

    I think that is what makes film so exciting.

    I have a polaroid camera that I should pull out and use - nothing beats the quality and those little imperfects you struggle so much to achieve in digital :)

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's so funny... it would take you a dozen iPhone apps + filters to get photos like this!

      Delete
  2. My first camera was a film slr and I loved getting the film back and not knowing what to expect! It makes you love the imperfections and when the shots are perfect - they are all that much more amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always had digital so film is SO WIERD for me, but I definitely want to keep at it. eventually I'll get over not having instant review... I hope :)

      Delete
  3. I haven't worked with film in forever so I understand your procrastination! I love how they turned out and I can't wait to see what your next film roll turns out. :) Also, I nominated you for the Leibster blog award! Check out my blog post for the details! http://www.seoulsold.com/2013/06/leibster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I began photographing it was all film. Even now shooting with digital I treat the shots as if it was film. I love Holga as well as the Diana. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...