10.31.2012

happy halloween...ish


I don't have a costume, I don't have any candy corn, I haven't made any pumpkin baked goods or even cake pops. I haven't had a single pumpkin ale or pumpkin seed. in fact, we only have one teeny-tiny pumpkin. [ok, and the one I drew on our chalkboard wall.]

but whether I'm ready or not, today is halloween.

and [for a change] the weather here is feeling a little like it should. it's rainy and cooler. by cooler, I mean 68F... but since it's been in the low 80s that counts as cooler. and there's a crockpot of chili simmering away for dinner. my latest incarnation of the recipe has no beans, 1 beer, and a few healthy shakes of worcester. [it may be my best chili, ever.]

and. Husband rented Hocus Pocus. my most favorite halloween movie of all time.

not so bad, halloween.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I also want to say I'm thinking of everyone impacted by Hurricane Sandy. I'm thankful that most of my friends who were in the storm path are doing fine, though some were evacuated or lost power. I hope that you and all your loved ones are safe and dry, even those who are getting the fringes of the storm now in the midwest. it's been surreal watching it all unfold from the other side of the world. I remember what a mess it was when Irene rolled through, I can't imagine how long it's going to take to get things back in order. I hope that for all those affected, that it will be soon...

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...