9.17.2012

currently



making: a bright necklace to wear [DIY post coming soon though it was crazy easy.] I hit the jackpot at the craft store last week and have enough goodies to keep me occupied for a month. I've been playing with my paints still, and planning to cover one wall of my office with art.

polishing: I tried out a watercolor manicure and kindof fell in love. the perfectionist in me wanted to stop halfway through, but I'm glad I stuck it out. [that's another post coming, too!]

sweating: Husband and I signed up for memberships at the local gym. unfortunately, as we discovered at 6am this morning, the weight room doesn't open until 10. what the heck? we worked out anyway... some of the teachers here are running a 1/2 marathon in december and I'm 85% sure I'm going to sign up, so I need to get my butt in gear.

reading: writing at the kitchen table, a biography on Elizabeth David. Husband bought it for me for my birthday in April and I'm just getting around to reading it. [which, by my usual standards, is fairly quick for reading a book someone gives me]

loving: the break in the weather. it's only dropped from high low 90s to high 80s, but the humidity is down around 60%. and it feels AMAAAAAZING! Husband and I scooted around yesterday and it was so nice... I even sat on the roof and read for an hour or two. really really hoping this weather sticks around. it's not midwest autumn, but it's almost as good!

eating: a group of us tried out an Indian place on friday night. the owner said he knew our friend Peter and so he cooked us a FEAST. [turns out our friend Peter is not his friend Peter, but the food was still delicious!] on sunday Husband and I tried out "the deli" and I drowned my football sorrows in a big bowl of mexican layer dip. I have pretty high standards for mexican food, but this place got bonus points for frying their own chips.

organizing: I'm trying to find a good way to plan meals and workouts so I can get myself on a schedule [that still leaves time for laundry and dishes and blogging and crafting]. I wish I could find chalkboard paint here because I would totally turn a wall into my weekly planner. I've heard you can DIY chalkboard paint but not sure I can get supplies for that here. ideas/suggestions welcome.

that's about it for now... heading to Costco [which also doesn't open until 10 - seriously?] and then throwing together some beef stew in the crockpot for dinner. happy monday!

["currently" post inspired by Danielle at Sometimes Sweet]

6 comments:

  1. You should make a big chalkboard wall calendar! I saw this on Martha Stewart: http://www.marthastewart.com/271574/custom-color-chalkboard-paint

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would LOVE to do that to one of our walls! in fact, I think I pinned that article a while ago :)

      Delete
  2. Instead of chalkboard, you can do dry erase markers on glass. Grab a pretty picture frame and put paper in instead of a picture a viola and it'll stand by itself :D
    Glad to hear life is transitioning smoothly for you guys!
    <3 Danielle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's a good idea too! I'll keep my eye out for giant picture frames, I bet they have some at IKEA.

      Delete
  3. did you paint that camera poster? super cute! I also love the polaroid frames...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes I did paint it! I had seen something similar and thought I'd give it a try [even though the whole "keep calm" thing is starting to get played out]

      the polaroids are actually from an iPhone app called "shake it photo" - it's my favorite fake polaroid app I've found so far.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...